Hey Besties! you know how I LOVE to play with fun cookie flavors, which is evident by our ever-growing recipe pages! And as we slowly inch closer to spring, I’ve been getting the itch for warm weather flavors! Today I’m sharing my simple recipe for lemon white chocolate cookies that are SO delish! Don’t think because they are simple, they are boring. Because besties don’t let besties make boring cookies. These are easy to make while packing a great flavor in a soft, thick, chewy cookie. Perfect for celebrations, barbecues, or anytime you just want a flavorful cookie that isn’t the same old thing! Let’s dive in!
I’ve Fallen In Love With Lemon
I have to admit, I haven’t always been in love with lemon-flavored treats. But for some reason, over the last few years, I crave the sweet, crisp, refreshing flavor and I find myself doing more and more with lemon! Maybe it’s also because yellow is my favorite color, reminds me of warmer weather and just seems to make me happy? Who knows, but I’m loving it and I hope you do too! And when I’m baking with lemon in mind, I’m pretty much always reaching for my LorAnn’s lemon baking emulsion and today is no exception. Every time I go to use it, I open it and smell the heavenly scent and get so excited. This flavor is one of my top favorites of all the emulsions.
While normally for chip cookies you tend to just drop and bake, I have found these to be just perfect when rolled into balls before baking. This way, they get really puffy, thick and thewy but stay moist and soft. Yum!
Without further ado, here is the delicious recipe our family, friends and customers love and keep coming back for more! I hope you love it too!
Recipe For The Best Lemon White Chocolate Cookies
The Best Lemon White Chocolate Cookies
- 1 cup (200g) Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup (113g) Unsalted Butter Room Temperature
- 1 Large Egg Room Temperature
- 1/2 tsp (2.5ml) Vanilla Extract
- 1.5 tsp (7.5ml) Lemon Emulsion (I use LorAnn's)
- 2 cups (240g) All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp (3g) Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp (1.5g) Salt
- 1/2 cup (80g) White Chocolate Chips (Feel free to add more)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- I use parchment paper sheets on my cookie sheets and reuse them for all my batches that day.
- In your mixer bowl (or large bowl with hand-mixer) cream butter and sugar until light and smooth, about 2-3 minutes.
- Beat in the egg, vanilla extract and lemon emulsion, until smooth.
- In a separate small bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Add to wet ingredient mixing bowl a little at a time.
- If desired, you can add some yellow flood coloring just for fun.
- Mix until thoroughly blended.
- Add white chocolate chips and mix by hand.
- Form dough into balls about 1.5" in size and place a few inches apart on parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 12 minutes. They will be puffy, and edges will be set.
- Cool cookies on cookie sheet for a few minutes before transferring to cooking rack to cool completely.
I hope you love the flavor, texture and beauty these lemon white chocolate cookies bring to any table or celebration! They are easy to whip up quickly and are always a crowd pleaser!
Also make sure you’re subscribed to receive our weekly newsletter! Never miss out on a new recipe, technique, product recommendation or Featured Baker! Happy Baking, Besties!
Sign up to receive my newsletter!