Hey Besties! At the time of this writing, we’re closing in on Christmas and you know what that means? There are a million things to do and we’re running out of time! Or maybe it’s just me? I hope it’s not just me! Between us, it just always seems like there is so much more time until there’s not! And because I’m always trying to help make your life easier, today I’m sharing the easiest recipes for quick cookies! Now don’t think quick equals boring because besties don’t let besties make boring cookies. Quite the contrary, these are super quick, easy, incredibly yummy and still beautiful! Trust me, you’ll thank me later. Let’s jump in!
Easy & Quick Cookies
The recipe I’m sharing can be made in many flavors but I’m going to focus on chocolate cookies and lemon cookies today. This recipe require 3 ingredients. THREE! I don’t think it’s possible to make cookies with less than 3 ingredients so it’s not going to get any easier than this. Now hear me out…we’re starting with a box cake mix. I know, I know…. there are camps of people who have strong feelings about using boxed cake mixes in any type of real baking. They feel as if using a cake mix as a base is kind of cheating and I hear you. However, I also think sometimes you need to make some delicious cookies and when there is this glorious shortcut, you take it! This is a judgment free zone here folks! These are still far more delicious than anything you can buy at the grocery store. No one is a subpar baker for using a cake mix as a base, so celebrate the shortcut! And once you taste these, you’ll never question it again, I promise.
You also have options to easily dress up these cookies for extra texture, flavor and beauty! You can make them as simple or as fancy as you’d like. Again, I’m sharing EASY and quick ways to dress up these cookies so people will still be very impressed! Included in the recipe below, I’ve added a couple examples of super easy ways to accomplish stunning cookies. Your cookies will definitely stand out amongst the others, and no one has to know how easy they were! It’s our little secret.
Recipe for Quick Cookies
Keep in mind that you can use any flavor cake mix you’d like, using this recipe. I made a batch of chocolate and a batch of lemon for today’s examples. Both are incredibly yummy!
Quick Cookies for the Win
- 1 Cake mix (15.25 oz), any flavor you want I use Betty Crocker
- 1/2 cup Vegetable oil
- 2 Large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- I use parchment paper sheets on my cookie sheets and reuse them for all my batches that day.
- In your mixer bowl (or large bowl with hand-mixer) mix cake mix, oil and eggs, until blended.
- Chill dough for 30 minutes.
- Form dough into balls slightly larger than an inch in size and place a few inches apart on parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake 11-12 minutes. They will be puffy, and edges will be set.
- Cool cookies on cookie sheet for a few minutes before transferring to cooking rack to cool completely.
- These cookies are ridiculously delicious plain, or you can dress them up with drizzle, dipping, sprinkles, chocolate chips and more! See the additional notes for tips and pictures on easy ways to dress up your cookies.
See how easy THAT was?! Seriously, these are the easiest way to make quick cookies that look and taste gourmet. Perfect year-round and in any flavor, dress them up or leave them plain, you’ve got a lot of options! Life is busy but shouldn’t be too busy to go without cookies.
Sign up to receive my newsletter!