Hey Besties! We’re currently pretty obsessed with the red velvet flavor and for good reason! It’s a perfect blend of classic flavors with just a little something extra. Red velvet is not something you can really describe…it’s its own flavor! But between the color and the actual velvety flavor, it’s hard not to love. And while we usually spend ridiculous amounts of time making decorated cookies, sometimes you just need a quick, easy and delicious cookie recipe. Which is why I’m so happy to share these red velvet chip cookies! My family loves when I surprise them with a yummy batch and I’m confident yours will too! Let’s jump in!
The secret ingredient that really brings the red velvet flavor home is THIS baking emulsion. This has quickly become a favorite within our home and bakery. Emulsions are far superior to extracts in that the flavors don’t bake out, leaving you with a much fuller flavor. If using emulsions is new to you or you’d like to learn more about the differences in flavoring options, THIS post breaks it all down for you. And we use this same emulsion to make our amazing red velvet cutout cookies, stamped cookies and these chip cookies! The versatility of this flavor is amazing.
Recipe: Red Velvet Chip Cookies
Let’s get right to it! These red velvet chip cookies are perfect when you need a quick and easy batch of cookies that are also delicious and different than what everyone is always expecting. While we all love a great chocolate chip cookie, sometimes it’s fun to bust out something new and different! These are a crowd pleaser and definitely bring the WOW factor since they are so strikingly pretty!
The Prettiest Red Velvet Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup (113g) Unsalted Butter Room Temperature
- 1/2 cup (100g) Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup (104g) Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Large Egg Room Temperature
- 2 tsp (10ml) Red Velvet Baking Emulsion LorAnn's
- 1 3/4 cups (210g) All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp (3g) Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp (3g) Salt
- 1/4 cup (30g) Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 cup (80g) White Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- I use parchment paper sheets on my cookie sheets and reuse them for all my batches that day.
- In your mixer bowl (or large bowl with hand-mixer) cream butter and both sugars until light and smooth, about 2-3 minutes.
- Beat in the egg and red velvet baking emulsion, until smooth.
- In a separate small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa. Add to wet ingredient mixing bowl a little at a time.
- Mix until thoroughly blended.
- Add white chocolate chips and mix by hand.
- Form dough into balls slightly larger than an inch in size and place a few inches apart on parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 10-11 minutes. They will be puffy, and edges will be set.
- Cool cookies on cookie sheet for a few minutes before transferring to cooking rack to cool completely.
I hope those you bake for love these cookies as much as we do! After all, Besties don’t let Besties make boring cookies. 🥰
And if you enjoy this recipe, I hope you’ll subscribe to receive my weekly newsletter! Never miss out on a new recipe, technique, product recommendation, free printables and more! Happy Baking, Besties!
Sign up to receive my newsletter!