Hey Besties! We’re stepping away from cookies today to bring you the most delicious and beautiful cinnamon swirl loaf cake! Our family LOVES anything with cinnamon and I literally had to hide this loaf cake from them long enough to photograph it for you! They could smell it, they knew it was there, but I had to get pics before it was magically gone! Fortunately for them, this loaf cake is easy and quick to prepare, so they get to enjoy it regularly.
But what was new today, was using my favorite new Nordic Ware loaf cake pan! If you follow my Facebook page, you may remember that I recently took a trip to the Nordic Ware Factory Outlet store in St. Louis Park, MN. I was in heaven that day, surrounded by so many beautiful baking pans, tools, stamps and inspiration! I shared some pics from my visit and today is my first time sharing the results using THIS stunning, classic fluted loaf pan. It’s pretty and easy to turn any loaf or pound cake into a piece of art! Let’s dive in!
The Prettiest Cake Pan
It’s hard to deny that Nordic Ware makes some of the most beautiful baking pans ever created. Started in 1946 in Minnesota by a husband and wife, they are an iconic brand known for their beauty, quality and heritage. And if you’re like me, a big sap, I’m looking forward to passing these down to my family for generations. But the biggest reason I love Nordic Ware products? They allow you to easily turn a standard recipe into stunning artwork! Why use a plain cake pan when you can use a pan that will transform your favorite recipes into something spectacular?! I would never think to bring this cinnamon swirl loaf cake to a brunch if I baked it in a regular, rectangle pan. But baked in this pan, you betcha!
When faced with this wall of pans, I struggled, not gonna lie. I spent a ridiculous amount of time admiring all the stunning designs. And then having to make decisions on which to bring home?! 😩 But decisions were made, and I’ll be building my collection for years to come! And I’ll be sure to share the beautiful results with all of you so you can make them too!
Today, I’m featuring this cinnamon swirl loaf cake recipe using THIS classic fluted loaf pan. When I saw this pan, it was a no-brainer, instant buy. I knew I’d use this one for many breads, loaf and pound cakes. And I am LOVING it! It’s seriously the easiest way to turn something “meh” into something “WOW”!
- Genuine Bundt pans are made of durable cast aluminum to achieve the most crisp, intricate cake detail possible
The only thing really required to use these stunning pans is to properly prepare them to achieve the best results! The easiest way is to give it a good spray with oil which includes flour. This will ensure a perfect release after baked. You have a couple easy options here and I’ll share which has given me the best results. Most grocery stores stock Pam Baking Spray with Flour added. It’s readily available and works pretty well. But the spray that consistently gives me the best results is THIS! I use this for all my cake pans and it allows my cakes to release perfectly!
Cinnamon Swirl Loaf Cake Recipe
Once you’ve prepped your cake pan (which takes all of 5 seconds), you’re ready to start baking! The recipe I use which produces a deliciously moist cake with the perfect balance of cinnamon sugar, is adapted from Nordic Ware’s recipe. Their original recipe can be found HERE and I’ve just made a few tweaks to enhance the flavor and texture. It’s quick and easy for any morning breakfast or a beautiful additional to any brunch. Or simply delectable as dessert with coffee! I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!
Cinnamon Swirl Loaf Cake
- Nordic Ware Classic Fluted Loaf Pan
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup Salted Butter Softened
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 2 Large Eggs Chilled
- 3/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 cup Whole Milk Chilled
Cinnamon Sugar Mixture:
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Prepare pan with baking spray containing flour. I use Wilton's Bake Easy non-stick spray for the best results.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine flour and baking soda in a small bowl and set aside.
- In medium-large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy (at least a few minutes).
- Mix in sour cream.
- Add eggs individually, mixing after each addition.
- Mix in vanilla extract.
- Add flour mixture alternating with milk, until blended.
- Pour enough batter to cover the design (about 1/3 of batter). Over a towel covered counter, tap pan gently to release air bubbles.
- Sprinkle a third of the cinnamon sugar mixture to the top of the batter layer.
- Add another 1/3 batter and sprinkle with another 1/3 of cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Pour remaining batter later, top off with the rest of the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Using a knife, cut the batter side-to-side to swirl the mixture throughout the batter.
- Bake loaf for 45-48 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool cake in pan for 20 minutes and then invert onto cooling rack.
- If desired, garnish with additional cinnamon-sugar.
The best part is inverting your cake pan to unveil the beautiful design! It makes me smile every time, I LOVE using THIS pan! Stay tuned for even more recipes and different pan designs to turn easy recipes into beautiful creations!
If you haven’t already, make sure you’ve subscribed to receive our weekly newsletter! Never miss out on new recipes, techniques, product recommendations, Featured Bakers and free printables! Happy Baking, Besties!
Sign up to receive my newsletter!